[NFBWATLK] NFB of WA Convention

Mon Oct 29 19:52:28 UTC 2018

Hello Fellow Federationists and friends,

I'm taking a moment at lunch to write a quick note to thank Marci, Corey and the whole group of organizers for this year's state NFB convention in Olympia. As Kaye mentioned, this was a convention that is one of the best we've had. President Riccobono was with us all weekend, participating actively in all of the many activities. His banquet speech was particularly timely, since there were a large number of first time attendees, and they got a full blown speech concerning our philosophy, our dreams and our real belief that blindness won't hold anyone back, and we can live the lives we want. I hope that in the coming days, others can put their thoughts about the convention on the list so that others who unfortunately had to miss the festivities will get a flavor of the rich and uplifting experience.

In fact, we had two outstanding scholarship winners this weekend, and a couple of runners up that are just as capable and came to get into the spirit of the Federation. Congratulations to Shannon Donahue and Kaleigh Rainwater for their outstanding scholarship. We hope you'll use the money wisely, and continue the participation in the organization that has great expectations for the blind. The other two students that had applied, will we hope work with us, and of course, reapply, because you never know when and where the money will be there.

I'm sure I'll probably have more to say later, but can't sandwich it all in during lunch. (smile.)

Once again, thanks to president Carpenter and the whole group of outstanding Federationists for the fun, thought and tools that were brought to and used at the convention. Let's go continue to build the Federation.

/s/

Bennett Prows