[NFBWATlk] 2019 NFB of Washington convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 26 22:36:14 UTC 2019

SAVE THE DATE AND MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS!

The 2019 National Federation of the Blind of Washington convention will be held at the Hotel RL in Olympia, Washington November 1-3.

We have an exciting agenda for this year’s convention. We are very excited to have NFB First Vice President, NFB of Louisiana President and Louisiana Center for the Blind Director Pam Allen as our National Representative.

Activities will start at 10 AM  on Friday with workshops for teachers of blind children and job seekers.
The Exhibit Room will open from 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM.
The Washington Association of Blind Students will host karaoke at the RL Stage at 9:00 PM.
Several breakout sessions will be offered on Saturday afternoon
Discussions will be held regarding developments at the Washington Department of Services for the Blind.
Resolutions will be discussed and adopted setting our priorities for the coming year and stating our positions on important issues.
We will start planning our state legislative agenda and Day at the Legislature for 2020.
Parents of Blind Children and Washington students will have meetings and activities.
Scholarships will be awarded at the banquet on Saturday evening.

Make your reservations now by contacting the Hotel RL at 360-943-4000. Room rates are $103 per night (across the board). Be sure to tell the reservation agent you are attending the National Federation of the Blind of Washington convention.