[NFBWATlk] Tremendous Convention

Wed Nov 6 15:13:36 UTC 2019

The just completed NFB of Washington convention was a vintage convention of northwest conventioneers. How's that for a conventional opening. (grin.)

This year's NFB of Washington convention was full of activities, enthusiasm, passion, and energy. I was extremely impressed  by the number of engaged blind friends and sighted participants who really came to work, play and be the true Federation family. Marci of course did a fantastic job of running all the convention sessions as our esteemed President, and the convention planning committee, with Corey Grandstaff as coordinator/chief/whip, ETC and all the others who worked on things was outstanding. The fact that we had participants from California, Oregon, Louisiana and Canada made our whole weekend a diverse fun and re-energizing event. Thanks to all who made things run smoothly, and yes, to those who donated to the NFB of WA, bringing and purchasing auction items, buying drawing tickets from our chapters and the  Washington Association of Blind Students. Our students are vital, and moving forward fast, and congratulations to all the officers of that revitalized division.

The scholarship winners this year were Nikki Palm and Isaac Heiman. And, Isaac also was elected as student division state President.

Of course, Pam Allan, First Vice President of the NFB was at the convention, and was outstanding at all the events. Her banquet speech touched me for sure, and I heard others who commented very positively about her presence and the reports and speeches she gave from the national office. She and her husband Roland worked all weekend with parents, students and the rest of us and really helped on the seminars and other activities.

If  you missed this convention, it is really too bad. It was, as I think I've made clear by now, a convention none of the participants will forget. I know I'll savor memories of last weekend.

/s/

Bennett
/s/

Bennett Prows