[NFBWATlk] NFB of Washington board meeting including diversity and inclusion discussion

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 14 04:16:26 UTC 2020

All are invited to join us Sunday, June 14, at 7 PM Pacific for our monthly affiliate board meeting. Shawn Callaway, President of the National Federation of the Blind of District of Columbia and co-chair of the NFB Diversity and Inclusion Committee, will be joining us. I am proud of our organization’s recent statement that #BlackLivesMatter (copied below).

This will be an open and honest discussion where people can ask questions. Some may feel uncomfortable having this discussion but I invite everyone to join us on the call. I know that I am learning about the privilege I have had as a white woman. President Riccobono has called on us to recognize the solidarity we all share as blind people and to be guided by the love which is one of the pillars of our organization. We have our Code of Conduct with its statement about diversity. Let’s come together and talk about what all of this means to each of us and our organization. and how we can move forward in building an even stronger National Federation of the Blind of Washington.

Marci

https://www.nfb.org/about-us/press-room/national-federation-blind-stands-solidarity-all-those-impacted-racial-injustice