[Nfbwv-talk] Braille Monitor Reminder

charlene cs.nfbwv at verizon.net
Fri Nov 20 18:02:55 UTC 2009

Message from Dan Frye:

Though we have published announcements in the Braille Monitor and have
had them made on the Presidential Releases, I am writing to remind you
that we are cleaning up the Braille Monitor mailing list. We need to
have people who wish to continue receiving any hard-copy version of the
Braille Monitor, e.g. large print, Braille, or recorded cassette) to
write or call to affirm their individual interest in doing so before
December 31, 2009. We will remove from our mailing list the names of
those who do not indicate such an interest, and we will assume that
these people wish to access the magazine on the Internet or through our
email subscription service. People who wish to receive hard-copy
versions of the magazine should write or call Marsha Dyer at
MDyer at nfb.org
 or (410) 659-9314 Ext 2204. Members should feel welcomed
and encouraged to request that they continue to receive the Braille
Monitor; this is not intended to discourage interested people from
receiving our magazine in the format of their choice.
In submitting any requests, please be sure to have members provide their
most up-to-date mailing address and other contact details so that we can
have our lists as current as possible. Contacting Marsha Dyer is always
the way to have one's name added to the Braille Monitor mailing list, so
if somebody is inadvertently removed after the first of the year because
he or she did not respond to this procedure, he or she can always call
or write to have his or her name returned to the list at anytime. Please
circulate this announcement widely among your membership, using your
lists, chapter leaders, and the like to guarantee that this message is
received by as many as possible. Please develop strategies to share this
information with your members who do not use email.
Thank you.
With Kind Regards,
***********************
Daniel B. Frye, J.D.