[Nfbwv-talk] Dr. Keller's WVSDB Notes for 12/2/16

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Wed Dec 7 21:16:19 UTC 2016

Weekly Note 12/2/16

Dear WVSDB Community;

Good morning, everyone!

We are quite pleased that our schools were prominently featured in the November 20th and 27th editions of the Charleston Gazette-Mail.  Please click on the links below to access the articles:

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/life/20161120/wv-schools-for-the-deaf-and-blind-help-isolated-students-communicate

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/life/20161127/monster-sounds-and-math-problems-mark-day-at-wv-school-for-the-blind-

We are most appreciative of the positive spotlight on our schools!

The WVSD Robotics team, the LionBots, which placed 2nd at a recent regional tournament hosted on our campus, is geared up for the state finals tomorrow at Fairmont State University.  We wish the team the best of luck!

Additionally, the WVSB team, the DiamondCrushers, received an invitation to attend the tournament to meet with the national First Lego League advisors.

The team will suggest accommodations to make robotics more accessible for students who are blind and have low vision.

Hearty congratulations to Bobbi Ann Hundley for winning the design contest for the 2016 Volleyball Tournament Program. As a result of her accomplishment, she was awarded a $200 scholarship. The contest was sponsored by the West Virginia Secondary School Activities Commission.

For those of you who want to help decorate the WVSDB float for next Saturday's Romney Christmas parade, please contact FSA Coordinator, Priscilla Epperly, at paepperly at k12.wv.us<mailto:paepperly at k12.wv.us>.

Onwards and upwards!

Dr. Martin P. Keller, Jr., Superintendent

West Virginia Schools for the Deaf and the Blind

301 East Main Street

Romney, WVÊ 26757

Videophone/Phone:  304-553-7974

Email:  martin.keller at k12.wv.us<mailto:martin.keller at k12.wv.us>

Achieve. Challenge. Thrive.

Home of the 2016 ESDAA Boys Basketball Division 2 Champions!

Confidentiality Statement

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Copyright © 2016 WV Schools for the Deaf and the Blind, All rights reserved.

Thank you for joining Dr. Keller's Weekly Note email list!

Our mailing address is:

WV Schools for the Deaf and the Blind

301 East Main Street

Romney, WV 26757