[Nfbwv-talk] We lost a good friend

Dave Allen dave.blindsight at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 04:14:05 UTC 2017

Hi Sherri!

Many thanks for sharing this, though I regret the circumstances.

Glen was definitely the best guy in the business. If the rules don't
preclude it, he would be very worthy of inclusion in the Hall of Honour.

I learned tons from the guy, and he was very generous to claim I had taught
him a lot. Actually, I believe it was my persistence tha kept him from
labelling me as number one pest! I know Rehab recruited him from Kanawha
County, but Romney never had anyone that was any better. As a teacher, he
was top class. He was one of the rare sighted teachers that believed in us
as blind people, adding the appropriate tools he always delivered. If I
could draw a comparison, Hannah Overholt was the same in many ways. If they
told you something, you could always take it to the bank.

When working a problem, he was as tenacious as the best of us! Blind people
never had a more committed sighted friend.

Cheers,
Dave