[Nfbwv-talk] NFB Krafters Division Flier

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Thu Aug 9 13:04:51 UTC 2018

NFB KRAFTERS DIVISION

The National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division was established in July 2008.  This organization began its inception from Joyce Kane's desire to share the love of crafting among individuals who are blind and visually impaired.  The K in Krafters is a tribute to our founder, Joyce Kane.  We meet via a conference call each Monday night at 7:30 PM Eastern.  The general conference chat line is 605-475-4000, participant access code 966659.  Our Monday night chats are open to members and non-members alike.  We discuss crafting and blindness related topics.  We offer crafting classes via conference call and email.  Our classes are taught by and for visually impaired individuals, meaning detailed verbal description is given.  If an individual is interested in our classes, but not sure if they would like to join our division, we offer one trial class of their choice for free.  Our yearly membership dues are $20.  By joining our division, you may take as many classes as you like during the membership year.  We have offered classes in the following categories: needle knitting, loom knitting, crochet, beading/ jewelry making, safety pin beading, quilting, sewing, basket making, kumihimo, clay, plastic canvas, felting, latch hooking, macramé, origami, soap making, and other miscellaneous crafts.  Presently, classes are managed via our website www.krafterskorner.org<http://www.krafterskorner.org>.  There you can read about all the happenings and sign up for classes.  We also have an email listserve where we discuss crafting topics and develop new friendships.  To sign up for the listserve go to http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org
Should you have further questions, please contact Tammy Freitag, President email: krafters.division.president at gmail.com<mailto:krafters.division.president at gmail.com>  or phone: 402-904-5105
NFB Live the Life You Want!