[Nfbwv-talk] Braille Transcription Services

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Tue Mar 6 19:43:11 UTC 2018

If anyone needs or knows of anyone who needs Braille transcription services, see the following:

Joe Zawisa
Supervisor I
West Virginia Braille Program
Northern Regional Correctional Drive
Moundsville, West Virginia 26041

Re:  Braille Transcription Services Now Available

To whom it may concern,

In the past few months, our Correctional Industries here at Northern Correctional Facility has acquired the remnants of the Braille Program that was previously housed at the Huttonsville Correctional Center. We currently have a certified braille transcriber, and inmates who have already submitted their manuscripts for certification. We have also established a training program and have other inmates undergoing training to receive their certification in Braille.

The purpose of this communication is to inform all of our former contacts that we are now open for business. We want you to know that our relationship with you is important and we ask that upon receipt of this correspondence, that you please provide us with a contact, or feel free to personally contact us, so we can re-establish business with you.

We would like to dismiss any notion that the West Virginia Braille Program has been decommissioned. This program is very important to us and we are very excited about the direction in which it is headed.

We need your input as to how we can be of service and would like very much to discuss that with you at your earliest convenience.

Please contact us at:
Phone:  (304) 843-4079
Fax:  (304) 843-4081
E-mail:  Joseph.J.Zawisa at wv.gov<mailto:Joseph.J.Zawisa at wv.gov>

[cid:image002.png at 01D3B558.F47DF000]Sincerely yours,

Joe Zawisa
Supervisor I
WV. Correctional Industries
West Virginia Braille Program