[Nfbwv-talk] Brad’s passing

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Thu Jan 17 20:17:54 UTC 2019

I first encountered Brad Hodges during a public relations committee meeting at an NFB national convention.  That was more years ago than I can recall--long before he even dreamed of moving to West Virginia.  I located him in the room at the close of the meeting, and we talked about our common interests in public radio, audio production, music, etc.  We have had many similar conversations over the years, and so our relationship transcended our shared commitment to the Federation.  Throughout the time that Brad and Joe have live here in West Virginia, We have shared many meetings, meals, and phone conversations.  They have visited in our home when traveling to or from Baltimore and points east.  When I took on the project of starting a little radio station here in Keyser, Brad took a personal interest in the endeavor, and shared ideas, suggestions, and information about folks who might be able to help.

Brad brought fresh ideas and a "big picture" perspective to the work of the National Federation of the Blind here in West Virginia.  At the same time, however, he grew to care about the well-being of his friends and fellow Federationists in our state on a very personal level.

Sometimes lives end much too soon, and Karen and I are shocked and saddened by the loss of not only a fellow Federationist, but also a true friend.  There is really nothing more to say.

Peace,

Ed