[NFBWV-Talk] My latest Facebook post

Sheri Koch slk8332015 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 01:30:00 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I followed Patty Chang’s suggestion and askes my Facebook friends to consider donating to NFB. What if one thousand of us did that and each got one $20 donation!!

Here’s my post. Thanks to Marcus for allowing me to share the picture
that he and I were in.
Post

As many of you know, I have been legally blind all my life. It wasn’t until I was 50, however, that I became comfortable with my blindness and dared to put a cane in my hand. This invaluable tool has become a pathway to, and a symbol of my independence. Had it not been for the national Federation of the blind, I would never have picked up that cane.  I sincerely believe that I would not be the confident person that I am today.

The National Federation of the Blind is a consumer organization of blind people for blind people. We believe that blindness is not the characteristic that defines us.   every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between us and our dreams. We can live the life we want, blindness is not what holds us back

I owe so much to this organization and I give on a daily basis as the president of our state affiliate and to blind West Virginians.

I know that it takes money not only to run our West Virginia affiliate, but to run our national office that contributes in so many ways.  I never send this kind of post out but if you happen to have a few extra dollars and you want to contribute to a very worthy cause, I would encourage you to go to NFB.org click on the  donate box and give what you can.  It is an amazing organization to which  I am so proud and grateful to belong.

Thanks everyone