[NFBWV-Talk] Legislative Alert

Smyth, Charlene R Charlene.R.Smyth at wv.gov
Wed Sep 25 16:14:00 UTC 2019

Dear Federation Family:

We are officially in the third and final week of our Congressional support blitz. The bill we're focusing on this week is our newest piece of legislation, and it is critical that we build support for it. This week's bill is the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act.
Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act
House - H.R. 3929 - Sponsored by Jan Schakowsky (D-IL-9) - 4 cosponsors
This legislation permits the Access Board to establish nonvisual accessibility guidelines for manufacturers, conduct training on these guidelines, and give authority to appropriate agencies to enforce these guidelines pertaining to home use medical devices, exercise equipment, and home appliances.

Please call or email your representative and urge them to cosponsor the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act if they have not already done so. A complete list of current cosponsors is included at the end of this email.

When you call or email, you might say something like the following:

Hello, my name is [your name] and I am a constituent of [your representative]. I live in [city, state]. I am calling to urge [your representative] to cosponsor H.R. 3929, the Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act. This legislation permits the Access Board to establish nonvisual accessibility guidelines for manufacturers, conduct training on these guidelines, and give authority to appropriate agencies to enforce these guidelines pertaining to home use medical devices, exercise equipment, and home appliances.
Thanks.

You can contact your member of Congress as follows:

Congresswoman Carol Miller

Third District

Republican

PHONE:  202-225-3452
STAFFERS
Billman, Lauren
E-MAIL:  Lauren.Billman at mail.house.gov<mailto:Lauren.Billman at mail.house.gov>
Incerto, Jacquelyn
E-MAIL:  Jacquelyn.Incerto at mail.house.gov<mailto:Jacquelyn.Incerto at mail.house.gov>
Pedrotti, Max
E-MAIL:  Max.Pedrotti at mail.house.gov

Congressman Alex Mooney

Second District

Republican

PHONE:  202-225-2711

Legislative Assistant John Caddock
E-MAIL:  John.Caddock at mail.house.gov<mailto:John.Caddock at mail.house.gov>

Congressman David McKinley

First District

Republican

PHONE:  202-225-4172
Chris Buki
E-MAIL:  Chris.buki at mail.house.gov<mailto:Chris.buki at mail.house.gov>
Katie Brown
Executive Assistant
E-MAIL:  Kaetlyn.brown at mail.house.gov<mailto:Kaetlyn.brown at mail.house.gov>

Senator Joe Manchin III

Democrat

PHONE:  202-224-3954

TJ Lucas

Legislative Aide

E-MAIL:  Thomas_lucas at manchin.senate.gov<mailto:Thomas_lucas at manchin.senate.gov>

Senator Shelley Moore Capito

Republican

PHONE:  202-224-6472

Dana Richter

E-MAIL:  dana_richter at capito.senate.gov<mailto:dana_richter at capito.senate.gov>

jpare at nfb.org<mailto:jpare at nfb.org>. Your calls and emails do make a difference.

Greater Access and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act H.R. 3929
Rep. Davis, Susan A. [D-CA-53]
Rep. DeSaulnier, Mark [D-CA-11]
Rep. Blunt Rochester, Lisa [D-DE-At Large]
Rep. Cooper, Jim [D-TN-5]