[NFBWV-Talk] Career Launch at Perkins

Keri Svendsen keribcu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:00:58 UTC 2020

Good morning all,

I first hope each of you are well during this crisis.

I wanted to share with you about this new program at Perkins. This
program is designed for people who aren't seeking higher-ed but want to
go into the work force. They learn how to do customer service, sales,
and  other such skills. They learn how to deal with both good and bad
customers.

Each student gets live practice by volunteers calling in and posing as
the customer. Volunteers are given a basic scenario to follow.
Afterwords, the volunteer gets to fill out a feedback form for each
student they work with. The phone system is set up like a call center. I
volunteered for an hour before Covid-19 ended the program early but it
was fun.

If any of you are interested to help out next session email

alicia.smith at perkins.org

the program webpage can be found here:

https://www.perkins.org/school/transition-programs/career-launch

Alicia is also looking for anyone who works from home to talk to so they
can have this knowledge to help their students. If you think you can
help due reach out.

If you volunteer it's great fun, and they train you too via a powerpoint
with audio!

thank you,

--
Keri Svendsen