[NFBWV-Talk] BRAILLE CHALLENGE STORY ON MOUNTAIN STREAMS RADIO

Ed McDonald ed at eioproductions.com
Sun Mar 15 17:21:30 UTC 2020

As some of you know, Karen and I participated in the WV Regional Braille Challenge on February 20 at the School for the Blind in Romney.  While there, we gathered some interviews with event organizers and participants, which I turned into a story for our local radio station, Mountain Streams Radio.  The entire piece is about twenty minutes long and deals with the decline and subsequent resurgence of Braille instruction among blind children in America.

The story has now been posted to the Mountain Streams Radio web site, and here is a link for those who may wish to listen:

https://www.mountainstreamsradio.org/braille-literacy-challenge/

I assume that WVSB, like other public schools throughout the state, is currently closed in response to COVID-19.  Nevertheless, I hope some effort can be made to contact those students whose voices appear in the story so they can hear it if they wish.

Thanks,

Ed