[NFBWV-Talk] BRAILLE CHALLENGE STORY ON MOUNTAIN STREAMS RADIO

Michelle McKeller michelle.mckeller1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 21:43:18 UTC 2020

I can't imagine life without braille.

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBWV-Talk [mailto:nfbwv-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Ed
McDonald via NFBWV-Talk
Sent: Sunday, March 15, 2020 1:22 PM
To: nfbwv-talk at nfbnet.org
Cc: Ed McDonald; Cassandra Park
Subject: [NFBWV-Talk] BRAILLE CHALLENGE STORY ON MOUNTAIN STREAMS RADIO

As some of you know, Karen and I participated in the WV Regional Braille
Challenge on February 20 at the School for the Blind in Romney.  While
there, we gathered some interviews with event organizers and participants,
which I turned into a story for our local radio station, Mountain Streams
Radio.  The entire piece is about twenty minutes long and deals with the
decline and subsequent resurgence of Braille instruction among blind
children in America.

The story has now been posted to the Mountain Streams Radio web site, and
here is a link for those who may wish to listen:

https://www.mountainstreamsradio.org/braille-literacy-challenge/

I assume that WVSB, like other public schools throughout the state, is
currently closed in response to COVID-19.  Nevertheless, I hope some effort
can be made to contact those students whose voices appear in the story so
they can hear it if they wish.

Thanks,

Ed