[NFBWV-Talk] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Has your Alexa for NFB-NEWSLINE gone silent?

Sheri Koch skochnfbwv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 18:03:37 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Scott White via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sun, Mar 29, 2020 at 2:02 PM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Has your Alexa for NFB-NEWSLINE gone silent?
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Have you heard that you can read your favorite publication using Amazon
Echo?

"Alexa, open National Federation."

For subscribers who are using either the male voice, Paul or the
female voice, Kate, we are having trouble sending the audio of these
voices to the Amazon Echo devices. So, as a temporary measure to
ensure that the Alexa skill functions properly for all subscribers,
we have changed the reading voice to Eloquence for all users. We will
alert all subscribers once the other voices are available again. We
apologize for the inconvenience. All other commands should work
properly and be available for you to use. If you would like a list of
Alexa commands to be sent to you via email, please call 866-504-7300.

Another modification that we have made deals with the addition of the
Breaking News: Search Results for Corona COVID-19 Virus to everyone's
favorite list. You can access this by issuing the command "Alexa, ask
National Federation to read favorite 1".

We hope you enjoy this new convenience feature.

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 |
nfbnewsline at nfb.org

https://www.avg.com

List archives:  <
http://www.nfbnet.org/pipermail/nfbnet-members-list_nfbnet.org>