[Njagdu] Mobile vet

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Aug 23 15:11:26 UTC 2011

My retired dog Echo is 16, and for the last couple years, she's gotten
really stressed if we've put her in a car, and even more stressed about
being in the vet's office.  Don't know if her arthritis makes the car ride
uncomfortable, or if she just hates being in unfamiliar surroundings,
since she can't see or hear too well anymore.  Anyway, we found a vet
practice who makes house calls.  They serve Bergen County, and I think
Essex also.  Their website is vetdispatch.com.  We've been pretty happy.
Echo is much less stressed when the vet sees her at home.  She doesn't
enjoy it, but she's not exhausted for days afterwards.  And it seems to
cost about the same as an office visit, without spending any time waiting
for our turn or for the taxi home.  We did once have trouble reaching her
vet, but I've had similar problems with our regular vet occasionally, and
we could have reached another vet if it had been an emergency.  And it's
really nice to know that, if or when we have to put the old gal to sleep,
it can be done in a place where she's comfortable.
All in all, I recommend Vet Dispatch, in case anyone else is interested in
such a service.
Tracy