[Njagdu] Let me introduce myself - Kathy Rawa - aka Chatty Kathy

KARmedtrans at aol.com KARmedtrans at aol.com
Fri Feb 25 01:52:21 UTC 2011

Hello Tracy,
Hello everyone else,

I am very sorry with my introduction I failed to talk about my love of my
life.  My very first guide dog, Dorito is a beautiful very light blonde
lab/golden retriever cross.  What makes her very special is on her left shoulder
she has a unique black tattoo, which is now in the shape of a heart.

Dorito hails from the Guide Dog Foundation in Smithtown, LI, New York.  I
understand her younger days she spent growing up in North Carolina and now
she is officially a JERSEY GIRL.  Our dog trainer says that Dorito and I
belong together and she came to that conclusion after observing the video that
was sent in to GDF with the application.  I am still trying to figure out what
she saw -- was it my walk, the way I toss my head as I walk.  Do we look
the same from the back, lol.

I also must say I sing to her since we met.  I would sing to the tune of
Cornina, Corina cause her name goes so well with it. I know she has a great
life.  I felt sorry for her walking over all that salt -- so I purchased her
boots - I paid more for her boots than I did for mine.  She looked so
adorable but cannot say her walking experience to be the same.

Then everyone calls her a boy -- so I got her pink accessories to wear when
she is not in harness and working.  And I must say she wears pink very
well.

Dorito loves working with me -- well lets say the attention -- she knows
her way around Deborah Heart and Lung Hospital, Atlantic City Medical Center,
Mainland Campus in Pomona; my primary physician.  Well, we cannot leave out
ShopRite, Incollingo's Market, RiteAid, Wells Fargo, Family Dollar Store
just to name a few.

I cannot believe how much confidence she has brought into my life, as well
as the psychological benefits.  I now remember how to laugh to tears again.
I was loosing my faith and independence and she has brought it back.

And I am proud to share that I have been invited to be on the Alumni
Council of the Guide Dog Foundation.  That was the second best thing to happen to
me.  And now I have a third thing to be thankful for and that is becoming
involved with all of you.

All I can say I have been blessed and honored in a way that is very
difficult to fully express in words.

Always
Chatty Kathy and Dorito (Chip)

P.S. Tracy I am very familiar with Teaneck.  I graduated from FDU Teaneck
Campus with a degree in Dental Hygiene.  You can tell by that response I am
over 21 years of age