[Njagdu] *Aditional Info* Dusty's Law, Guide Dog Awareness Month - NJ Senate Alerts

Vincent Chaney Jr. vgc732 at optonline.net
Tue Dec 4 18:28:47 UTC 2012

To the NJAGDU Members,

*** I missed including this statement:

You need to have a picture Id to enter the building and register to receive
a security pass.

***

This is the latest update on S1907, Dusty's Law and SJR55, Guide Dog CARE
Month. The information was compiled ASAP to share the important details and
schedule of the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee.

The Senate Law and Public Safety Committee will be hearing Dusty's Law,
S1907 on Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 10:30 AM. I will be attending the
hearing as our representative and president of the New Jersey Association of
Guide Dog Users and member of the NFBNJ. If you would wish to attend the
session, the New Jersey State House Annex is Access Link accessible, Region
1  and located at:

125 West State Street

Trenton, NJ 08625

The cross-street is Willow Street.

Your words can be heard whether you are or are not able to attend. In both
cases, we are directed to write a testimony to be handed out to the
committee. We need to supply 12 copies of any documents. If you are not able
to attend, please forward me your testimony and I will have it presented to
the committee. Should you wish to write, please forward to me ASAP, to give
me time to prepare the documents. If you will be joining, please let me know
should I be asked for a number whom are coming.

This is the alert I received on the S1907 being heard:

Session 2012-2013

The following bill(s) have been scheduled for a committee or a legislative
session.

S1907:

12/6/2012 10:30:00 AM Law and Public Safety Committee Room 10, 3rd Floor,
State House Annex, Trenton, NJ

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/bills/BillView.asp?BillNumber=S1907

The Guide Dog CARE Month, SJR55 the second bill we are advocating for, is
also scheduled for Thursday.

Vinny

Vincent G Chaney Jr

732-251-8650

President, NFBNJ New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users

President, NFBNJ Diabetes Division

Vice President, NFBNJ Technology Division

Webmaster: nfbnj.org http://www.nfbnj.org <http://www.nfbnj.org/>