[Njagdu] Concerning Our Invitation to Our Annual Meeting

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 20 14:03:37 UTC 2013

Dear All,
    During this year's annual meeting of the National Association of Guide dog Users at the convention of the National Federation of the Blind in Orlando, we will be making several changes to our agenda. One major change is that we will not be having the usual training program updates; rather, we will restrict comments from the guide dog training programs to only the Executive Directors of the training programs or their designated representative. These presentations will be restricted to views and comments on our Guide Dog Consumers' Bill of Rights which is attached to this message.
    Under date of April 8 & 9, I sent an invitation and this attachment to the Executive Director of each guide dog training program in the United States. As of this writing, I have received no response. I would like to urge each of you to contact the Executive Director of the training program from which you received your guide dog urging them to attend our convention and participate in our meetings. As the oldest and largest organization of the blind in the world and as the division of that organization representing guide dog training program consumers, we have a right to know their views on our positions and they have a responsibility to dialogue with us.
    If you find that the Executive Director of a training program did not receive this invitation, please request the proper email address to which the invitation needs to be sent and notify me of that address by sending it to

President at NAGDU.ORG

    The original message to the Executive Directors follows my signature. We have several exciting presentations planned for our two meetings and more information will be sent to these lists. I look forward to seeing many of you in Orlando! Remember to bring sun screen!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
813-626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG

    The National Association of Guide dog Users, a strong and proud division of the NationalFederation of the Blind, will hold its annual meeting and seminars in conjunction with the NFB convention at the Rosen Center in Orlando, Florida. Our meetings will be held on Monday, July 1 and Wednesday, July 3 from 7 - 10 p.m. Though the agenda is still being finalized, we know we will divide our business meeting between the two days, unlike our usual schedule. We have invited representatives from some of the local attractions to speak to our membership and the agenda will accommodate their schedules.

    This year, NAGDU is asking each of the training programs to be represented by their Presidents/CEOs. Our specific focus of interest is to have a dialogue with the training programs concerning each program's views on the Guide Dog Consumers' Bill of Rights endorsed unanimously by our membership. If you are unable to attend our meetings, we want to urge you to appoint a representative who has the authority to address the membership on behalf of your training program's view of this document. For yourinformation, the text of the Guide Dog Consumers' Bill of Rights is attached to this message. RSVPs that include the name of the representative from your program are appreciated no later than June 1, 2013.

    If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature.

With warm regards,

Marion Gwizdala

President

National Association of Guide dog Users, Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

(813) 626-2789

President at NAGDU.ORG

, .