[Njagdu] NJAGDU Minutes and AGENDA for Nov. 7th meeting

Patricia Ebel patriciaebel0302 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 4 20:13:48 UTC 2015

Hello to all members and participants,

Well the time is finally here for a fun filled time for all to have at the
convention!

Below you will find the minutes and our agenda for our breakfast meeting
that will be held on Saturday morning, Nov. 7 at 7:00 am sharp.  Please be
prompt and bring your breakfast coupon.

I also need to give the hotel a count for the breakfast, so please rsvp to
me with your availability.  We will be meeting in room A for our meeting.

Looking forward to seeing most of you there!  I wanted to let you all know
that I love each and every one of you!  You all are so totally awesome and I
am proud to be the President of such awonderful group of individuals! Keep
up your great work, rock on friends!

New Jersey Association of Guide Dog Users

October 25, 2015

1.       Roll Call

Trish Ebel. NFBNJ NJAGDU President

Alice Eaddy, Secretary

Lynn Reynolds, Treasurer

Jerilyn Higgins

Les Cameron

Joe Braz

Christine Franz

Pat McKenna

Dan Fachini

Rick Fox

Lydia Keller

Chris Franz

John Luland

Jo Luland

Michael Halm

Steve Rutch

Pat McKenna

Anna DeSantis

Joe Ruffalo, NFBNJ President

Ryan Stevens, Parliamentarian

      Call to order the meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m. Trisha

2.       The minutes were sent out by Alice: Jerilyn moved to accept the
minutes as read Anna seconded. All in favor, motion carried.

3.       Lyn provided the treasures report: the ending balance as of
September 30 $435. There was an adjustment in dues compilation leaving a
balance of $440. Anna moved to accept and Jerilyn seconded. The motion
carried unanimously.

4. Convention:

A. Dan discussed the snack pack items: pretzels, chips, cake (pound), candy,
mints, cheese and crackers and a chocolate chip cookie.

B. The snack packs will sell for $5.

C. There will be 100 bags put together on the 1st that will generate a to
$500 profit; the Division pays for nothing as Dan, Lynn and others donated
the products. Trish is to send Joe the item list to be approved by the hotel
and the health department oks. When you get to Manahawkin Trish will
distribute to us to sell 3 or 4 at a time as needed. It was asked if we
could sell them at the registration table; Joe suggested in the lounge area
as you have to pass through there to enter the main ballroom. Trish, Dan and
Lyn will record who has what. Lyn will be bringing $5s as suggested by Joe.
Trish has bags that say "have a nice day" donated by Steve. Trish said thank
you Steve. Joe further stated that typically fundraiser income is divided
with the state affiliate but snack pack sales will stay with the division
for its needs and hopefully all members will participate in selling. A. Joe
explained the dog race forms which generate between $50 and $75 for
convention we will push the dog race on Friday. We need six people to be
dogs in the dog race. Trish thanked Joe for donating to us the snack pack
profits.

* There will be a game show on Friday and we've gotten back good questions
from participants. The game show title is "no bones about it" thanks
Jerilyn. Trish is gathering door prizes and asked Joe if there would be a
microphone available. There will be 10 prizes and 10 questions. Joe said
that we usually draft people to help out like Linda Mackey, Linda Halm and
Marsha Gephart. At 8pm is music and at 8:30 the horse race. Les is doing
jokes.

* Dog race was explained by Joe: There are two big dice yellow for the
number of the dog to move and the blue dice for the number of steps to take.
There are 35 steps needed to win the dog race. Joe explained the way odds
are figured out; it's not about the number of people but the amount of money
bet on each dog. You do not have to be there to win it will be mailed to the
winners so put people's names and address on the back of each form.

A. Rick Fox can Braille 6 copies of the horse race form. There is one bet
per sheet in increments of $5, 10, 15 and $20. B. Joe NJAGDU horse names
are: networking, jobs, awareness, goals, Dusty, unity. C. Dog race forms
will be in the snack packs D. The dog race money is to be split with the
state affiliate and the state affiliate with cover the $80 fee for the cash
bar. B. Thursday night dinner will be at 6 PM each person will pay their own
bill.

     C. Guide dog Relief area is in the same place as last year and there
will be a spot for dogs that use cement as well. Contact information for
Trish and Michael will be sent via email. Joe will be asking Mary Jo to make
extra copies of the Guide Dog relief areas for the front desk and will also
be emailed to the membership and the email list.

     5. Tupperware fundraiser is not doing as well as expected.

6. Update on Christina: Christina Brino was hit bar a car and has to stay
off her leg for 12 weeks. The dog is not doing too well this was the second
accident for him. Trish asked if a fruit basket or gift card could be
provided by the division. It was stated that since she is not a paid member
a card would be fine. Dan suggested that we take up a $2 collection from
members that want to do so instead of a gift card. Dan moved to take up a
collection Anna seconded. Trish will collect and send. Our meeting is on
Saturday morning meeting starts at 7am to 8:30am followed by the general
session at 9 am.

     7. Dog collars was skipped

     Nominating Committee for elections- Lyn the committee chair stated that
it was a work in progress. A. Trish announced that only paid members can
vote. B. Ryan explained the election procedures. Lyn will give her report
and then the will be the election of officers each one at a time(incumbent
and committee nominee followed by any nominations from the floor (3times) at
which point a member would then move to close the election by acclimation or
an actual vote. Lyn reminded all that the person doing the nominating also
needs to be a paid member. Joe stated emphatically please ask the individual
in question before putting forth their name. Once this is completed the
usual business meeting will continue, following this meeting the newly
elected officers are in place for the following term. Dan asked who from the
affiliate will be there: Joe and Ryan. Rick asked will there be a roll call
or hand count. Joe stated that last year there was a roll call, Ryan said
procedure wise it would be a voice count then a hand or a roll call. The
person running would then need the majority.

     8. New Business None

9. Old business A. Trish commented on a previous question about dog food
assistance-several soup kitchens and SPCAs do this so check your local
towns' bulletin.

B. NFB of NJ scholarship winners of 2015

Danielle Sykora

Philip So

Ida Behreini

Daniel Frye

C. Ryan read the constitution via JAWS.

12. Adjournment Alice made a motion to adjourn, Jerilyn seconded and all
were in favor at 8:48 pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Alice Eaddy, Secretary

NFB NJAGDU

1.      Roll call, Alice

2.       Minutes,  Alice

3.       Treasurer report, Lynn

4.       Collecting 2016 dues $5.00  Trisha and Lynn

5.       New Business

6.       Old Business

7.       Constitution, Ryan

8.     Elections, Lynn