[Oabs] Introduction

Herrin, Amber R. herrinar at muohio.edu
Tue Jul 10 19:28:20 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Though I have followed the philosophy of the NFB for quite some time, I have
not, until now, become involved in any of the divisions.  I attended state
convention this year and it reminded me that I am only as strong and as
determined as I choose to be.  If I try to do everything on my own, if I try
to convince myself that I don't need a group, I fail.  Not because I am
weak, but because I am human.  I need encouragement some days, to, and
regardless of my motivation, I will definitely face discouraging situations,
and discouraging people.  When I face these things, I know I need a group of
people to remind me that just because4 there are those who think I can't,
does not make it so.

I look forward to getting to know more about each of you!

I'm 24, live in Oxford, and am planning, Lord willing, to be an assistive
technology trainer.  Right now, there are some issues that I am sorting out
regarding my training, but hopefully they will be resolved soon.

My favorite color is blue, I love books, and can cook a pretty mean meal if
I put my mind to it.

I use my cane (though I have worked a guide) and enjoy long walks.

I am, for all intents and purposes, engaged, though there has not been any
official question from the guy.

Feel free to ask any questions you like!

Best,

Amber R. Herrin

Assistive Technology Trainer in Training 2012

Mobile: (513) 593-5855

E-mail: herrinar at muohio.edu

"It doesn't matter what you've heard
Impossible is not a word