[Oabs] FW: December Minutes, plus a final reminder!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 05:27:39 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Attached you will find the minutes from the December OABS meeting, in
compliance with the communication system we have set up through the end of
the year of 2013.

The deadline for all mass communication regarding OABS that is conducted off
the division's list to stop is on January 1st, just a little less than 24
hours away.  This deadline has been established for quite some time, and I
have made numerous announcements about it within the past few weeks.  Some
of you have already subscribed to the OABS list on nfbnet.org, and I thank
you for your attention to continued communication in OABS.

However, a number of you still have yet to sign up.  This is a final
reminder that on January 1st you will no longer be individually emailed with
OABS-related news, minutes from the meetings, or other NFB student business.
We have this mailing list available to us so that we can expedite
communication to the entire group, and therefore it is important that we use
it.  I would like to be able to use OABS as a discussion forum between
monthly meetings as well, and we can only do that if the list is treated
like the other lists you might participate on, such as Ohio Talk or NABS.

The directions to join the list are as follows:
1.  Go to www.nfbnet.org
2.  Click the link that says "Join or drop nfbnet mailing lists."
3.  Find OABS in the list.  You can use your find command or a links list to
do this quickly.
4.  Follow the subscription instructions to join.
5.  Should you need technical assistance I am happy to help.  You can reach
me at this email address or at (513)285-2072.

I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and is planning to start 2014 off
right.  I also hope to see all of us on the OABS subscription page when I
check it again in a few days.  If you need help in getting on this list,
please do not hesitate to ask for assistance.  Joining the list will allow
you to stay informed about OABS matters, and the more people we have on the
list the stronger we can be.

Happy New Year,

Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton---2016
Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet
Ohio Association of Blind Students, President
Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), Vice President
NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair
Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta Sigma, Usher Coordinator