[Oabs] Board Member Nominations

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 03:28:00 UTC 2013

Hi all,

This email will serve as our ballot for voting on the two board member
positions that are available.  Here is how the voting process will work.

I will accept nominations for board member 1 and 2 from now through Friday
night.  Nominations will close on midnight of the 22nd, which gives everyone
almost a week to make nominations.  Early Saturday morning (shortly after
midnight) I will reveal the names of the candidates for board member number
1, and we will have a 2 day voting period with votes due by midnight on
Sunday the 24th.  Shortly after midnight I will reveal who has won the
position of board member number one as well as the candidates for board
member number 2, and we will have another 2 day voting period with votes due
by midnight on Tuesday the 26th.  Shortly after midnight on Wednesday
morning I will announce board member number 2.

When nomination emails are sent, it is permissible to say that you nominate
someone for both board member positions.  If you really think they could be
a contributing member of the board and deserve to serve in that capacity, I
would encourage you to do so.  That way if they win the election for board
member number 1 their name will be withdrawn from the ballot for board
member number 2, and if they do not win the first election they are eligible
to run for the second.

Please let me knowif you have questions about how this process will work,
and send those nominations!

Kaiti Shelton

University of Dayton---2016

Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet

Ohio Association of Blind Students, President

Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), Vice President

NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair

Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta Sigma, Usher Coordinator