[Oabs] Amendment number 1.

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:12:03 UTC 2013

Hi OABS,

In order to clear up some language in the constitution, we actually need to
vote for two amendments.  Here is the first, so we can vote on it now and
vote on the second amendment separately.  I have included the original text,
as well as the revised version.

Please email your votes on both amendments to me by 9:00 AM on Friday so
that we know what Amber will be doing before the board member elections
begin.  This still gives everyone two days to vote, just like in the board
member elections.  When you respond, please indicate which email your vote
is for, and you can simply say yes or no, or something similar to it.

Amendment 1:

Original:

ARTICLE V - OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES

Section 1: Elections

There shall be elected at the regular annual business meeting a president, a
vice president, a secretary, a treasurer, and two board members. The terms
of their offices shall begin at the close of the annual business meeting at
which they are elected and qualified. Officers shall be elected by a
majority vote of all members present and voting. There shall be no proxy
voting. If no nominee receives a majority vote on the first ballot, the name
of the person receiving the fewest votes will be removed from the list of
nominees and a second ballot recorded. This procedure shall continue until
one candidate receives a simple majority of the votes. The president and
vice presidents must be blind students and planning to attend a full-time
educational program in the academic year following election.

Revised:

ARTICLE V - OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES

Section 1: Elections

There shall be elected at the regular annual business meeting a president, a
vice president, a recording secretary, a corresponding secretary, a
treasurer, and two board members. The terms of their offices shall begin at
the close of the annual business meeting at which they are elected and
qualified. Officers shall be elected by a majority vote of all members
present and voting. There shall be no proxy voting. If no nominee receives a
majority vote on the first ballot, the name of the person receiving the
fewest votes will be removed from the list of nominees and a second ballot
recorded. This procedure shall continue until one candidate receives a
simple majority of the votes. The president and vice presidents must be
blind students and planning to attend a full-time educational program in the
academic year following election.

Kaiti Shelton

University of Dayton---2016

Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet

Ohio Association of Blind Students, President

Advocates for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP), Vice President

NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair

Sigma Alpha Iota-Delta Sigma, Usher Coordinator