[Oabs] What are we doing at Convention

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 01:53:21 UTC 2014

Personally, what I would like for us to shoot for is to have the
bookmarks ready by the start of the fall semester, which I know is
late August for UD.  That being said, I know that is 2 months sooner
than what Emily suggested, but if we could just selling on our college
campuses and each have a few bookmarks to work with over those 2
months, I think that would be awesome.  This fundraiser could be huge
if we take announcements over the NABS and Ohio-talk lists, but I
would like to sell them around UD, and think the college kids at the
various universities where we have students would be hot spots for us.
 After all, these bookmarks aren't just designed for blind users; we
put the puzzle on there specifically for the sighted people to solve,
and I know from giving a presentation on blindness to a group of
freshman music therapy majors today, that any student interested in
fields like education or something where they might come into contact
with a blind person will bite.  They were asking me tons of questions
about how braille works, and were really interested about the
different codes and such, and were really thrilled when I gave them a
printed sheet with the braille alphabet and a key listing the dot
names so they could learn how to point out the letters in their name.
Sighted kids will bite this fundraiser, so I think it is important
that we should not just sell to blind people.