[Oabs] Mount Saint Joseph

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 04:30:36 UTC 2014

Hi Lillie,

I don't know of anyone who goes to the Mount and is visually impaired, but
hopefully someone else will.  In the meantime, check out their disability
services department and scope their services out.

I will say that I did tour the Mount in my junior year and found the campus
pretty accessible.  It strikes me as a pretty manageable school in terms of
mobility, and when I talked to professors they were genuinely interested in
making things accessible should I have chosen to go there.  I did not get a
chance to meet with disability services, but at least professors there were
on board for even a potential student.  Also, it is noteworthy that they
have a lot of tutoring programs available, and they mentioned that
specifically to our group, so it sounds like the general academic support is
pretty good.

Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton---2016
Music Therapy Major, Psychology Minor, Clarinet
Ohio Association of Blind Students, President
NFB Community Service Group, Service Project Committee Chair