[Oabs] Attendance

Ryan Silveira ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 21:57:19 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I wanted to send this to the entire list so I didn’t miss anyone.  Those of you on the board have no doubt noticed that I have not been around much in the past month.  The reason is primarily because I have not been well.  The doctors have told me that I have stage 4 kidney disease.  As a result, I have been very weak and not up to doing much at all except sleeping.  This being said, I do not want to resign my post as corresponding secretary quite yet, but I do want to apologize for my lack of meeting attendance.  I will do my best to attend the meeting this evening, but I am really not feeling well today, so I may need to sleep.  In the event that I am not there, I do want to give a report.  Unfortunately, the National Braille Press, whom I had lined up to do our bookmarks, has decided not to do so.  My contact no longer works there and the new folks are less than willing to help out.  On the bright side, there is a good chance I can get some people here in CT to do all of the bookmarks for us…for free!  I am waiting for my contact to return from vacation, but hopefully she will be able to confirm that her group can do this.  I hope to be at the meeting tonight, and my sincerest apologies if I cannot make it.  Thanks for understanding.

Ryan L. Silveira
Corresponding Secretary
Ohio Association of Blind Students
A Division of the National Federation of the Blind,
(203) 731-7580
ryan.l.silveira at gmail.com