[Oabs] Reminder: Meeting this Friday

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:33:36 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This is just a reminder that we will be having our first meeting of
the new school year on Friday at 7:30 PM.  I will send out the call
information when we get a little closer to the meeting, but I know
personally as I settle back into the swing of school life that
reminders have been helpful.  So, bring your enthusiasm and ideas as
we finalize our plans for convention!

Also, the board meeting of the National Federation of the Blind of
Ohio will be held this Saturday the 20th in Columbus.  I know that
Emily and Lillie are planning on attending, and I am hitching a ride
with Positive Payne and some members of the Miami Valley chapter.  I
also know Aleeha is looking for a ride to Columbus as well.  If anyone
else is going, please let me know so you can be recruited to help sell
raffle tickets, braille tickets, etc.

Last I heard, the parents division was planning on hosting a meet and
greet afterward the board meeting as well.  Unfortunately, I am not
sure that I will be able to stay for this event due to my
transportation situation, but it would be really nice to have some
student division representation so parents can ask questions,
***potentially refer their kids who are middle school-aged or older to
us, cough cough***, etc.  If you are planning on going to Columbus and
can stick around at this event even for just 20 minutes or so, please
let me know that information as well so I can drum it up with the OPBC
co-presidents a bit.

Thanks,