[Oabs] memberships, speak up! it's time to schedule meetings!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 21:02:34 UTC 2015

Here are my answers:
1. When is a good day and time to meet this semester?
I can meet Tuesdays after 7:00, Fridays after 5:00, or Sunday nights
at 6:00 or 7:00 for now.  My Monday nights will open up after Feb 9 as
well when my com module ends, so I'll be free any time after 3:30 PM
on those days.  Wednesdays and Thursdays, as well as Saturdays and
Sundays before 6:00 or so, are pretty much spoken for.

 2. Do you still want to meet every month, or would you like to
connect some business by email and reduce the meetings? If you'd like
to reduce the meetings, how many would you like to see this semester?
If we do things by email, we will need to be extremely diligent.
I don't think we can afford to reduce the meetings because the
infrequency might make people even less likely to show up than they
already are.  However, email might be a good option to keep dialog
going between the meetings.  I just don't see the group (outside of
the exec board people and Lillie when she wants to be) as diligent
enough to handle the meetings if we reduced them or conducted them
only over email.

 3. What items would you like to see the committee improve on? What
new things can we do?
I think getting a retreat together would be wonderful, either between
us as a division for bonding or with other blind students from Ohio to
serve as a bonding/recruitment event.  I'm concerned about our ability
to pull this off with the small number of people who show a vested
interest in the committee though.