[Oabs] January Fund-raising Committee Report

Emily Pennington emilypennington at fuse.net
Wed Jan 28 15:34:20 UTC 2015

Hi, OABSters.

Here - at long last - is the fund-raising committee report I've been working
on for the last several days. I want to thank Elif for coming, and Kaiti for
trying to join the call even though - for some odd reason - the conference
line was not working for her. We also had a guest at the meeting in the form
of my friend Shane from Kentucky, who provided some great suggestions, too.

It was a small but productive meeting, and my hope is that attendance will
be even better next time around and we will make even more headway on a
successful year.

I would love this report to spark some discussion on the list. What ideas do
you love? What questions do you have? Better yet, do you have any other
awesome fund-raising ideas you're dying to share? I want to hear it all -
not to mention how happy I am when the list is buzzing with activity.

One more thing: Our next meeting is supposed to be on Friday, February 27.
However, one of the Christmas gifts I received is a trip to the symphony at
Music Hall to watch a pianist whose name I'm not even going to try to spell
here, and - you guessed it  -- it is on February 27. I want to know your
thoughts on rescheduling the meeting. I'd be willing to hold it on Thursday,
the 26th, at 7:30, but I know that wouldn't work for everyone. I'll be on
spring break the following week, so we could have it any day then - even on
the following Friday, which would be March 6. Let me know your thoughts, and
I'll work with those to come up with an alternate date and time.

Sincerely,

Emily