[Oabs] Gift card update and scrip

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Mon May 25 03:13:41 UTC 2015

Hi all,

To update you all on our prizes for our fundraiser we now have 8 gift
cards lined up.  The most recent donation comes from the Lorraine
County Chapter and is going to be an Amazon card.  I spoke with Sherri
Ruth recently and she said it will be purchased with the June scrip
order-as will our own cards since we missed May's deadline.  On that
note, if you have the money for it and do not have a scrip account
already it would be great if we could pitch in to get the last few
cards.  I'll be buying some on my personal account and I've heard from
another person who may do it as well.  If we get 5 people to create
scrip accounts and make one purchase by convention the registration
fees will be waved for the entire division.  More importantly, we will
be the first group to meet Eric's challenge which I believe is in its
second or third year by now.  The Cleveland chapter is also hoping to
get this, but in an all in good fun kind of way it would be awesome to
beat them, especially since we'll have more travel expenses to get
there.

Presto Pay is a bit challenging for me in terms of accessibility, but
Eric seems to think it's a fluke and I'll be contacting him to work it
out.  I'm all set and ready to make the purchases, and will be able to
do so with the Ohio Association of Blind Students account once I get
the hang of whatever problem I'm having now.  Please let me know if
any of you experience difficulties with Presto Pay so I can let Eric
know if other people are experiencing technical difficulties or advise
you how to work around them.

Thanks, all.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend and Happy
Memorial Day.