[OABS] Fwd: [Ohio-Talk] OSSB Model Project Update and Call For Donations

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Sat May 1 13:43:56 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Todd Elzey via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 8:20 PM
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] OSSB Model Project Update and Call For Donations
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
CC: Todd Elzey <toddelzey at gmail.com>

In the movie Jerry Maguire Cuba Gooding, Jr.'s character Rod Tidwell
famously called on Tom Cruise's character Jerry Maguire to "Show me the
money!"  Well our OSSB model fundraiser is off to a great start, but we
still have a loooong way to go, so I am asking my fellow NFB of Ohio
member's to "Show OSSB the money!" so we can get as many of their
educational models restored as possible.

Since the Board of Directors approved this project, Federationists have
donated $300. This means with the Affiliate's matching donation we are now
up to $600 raised for the project. This means we now have enough raised for
one plaque in honor of Paul Dressell or Paul Jordan, but there is so much
more we can do.

All donations raised between the April Board of Directors Meeting and July
1, 2021, are eligible to be matched by the affiliate. Our original goal was
to raise at least $1000 to obtain plaques for both Paul Dressell and Paul
Jordan, but I think we can do way better.  So I am calling on all of you to
dig deep for this project and help us raise at least $2000 for the project.
With the affiliate's matching funds that would put us at a $4,000 donation,
with the ability to donate a total of 8 plaques in honor of deserving
individuals. And when we hit the $2,000 mark let's not stop there. Let's
raise as much as we possibly can for this worthwhile project.

Let's multiply this fundraising effort by sharing this call for donations
with every NFB of Ohio Chapter and Division Member, all of your friends and
colleagues, and all of your Social Media Networks.

Donations can be made via Zelle or Paypal. For both Zelle and Paypal
donations, the email address is treasurer at nfbohio.org.  If you donate
electronically via Zelle or Paypal please drop me a note letting me know so
that we make sure that the donations get properly credited to this project.
It is possible to attach a memo to a Zelle payment that comes through via
email, but we are also hearing that individuals are having accessibility
issues with accessing this Zelle function. So if you can't include a memo,
don't let that stop you from making the donation electronically. Instead,
just drop me a note or give me a call and I will make sure your donation
gets properly credited.

If you prefer to make donations via check, please send all checks to NFB of
Ohio, Todd Elzey, Treasurer, 3779 Waterbury Dr., Dayton, OH  45439. Please
include a note on the check's memo line that the donation is for the OSSB
Model Project.

In addition to encouraging individual donations, we are also encouraging
all Chapters and Divisions to contribute to this important project. To
date, the Lorain County Chapter has assisted the project with a $100
donation.

Barbara and Bob Pierce lead the individual donations with a $100 donation.
We also have individual donations from myself ($50), and Eric Duffy ($50).
I am personally committing at least another $100 before July 1, 2021. Which
reminds me every dollar counts, even if it is only a small donation, and if
you would like you can donate multiple times, such as on paydays, through
July 1, 2021.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this project, and I
look forward to seeing your donation in our inbox or mailbox soon.

Oh, did I say we should try to raise $2,000 earlier? I know we want to do
everything we can to help the education of OSSB students, so let's make
that goal $3,000 and beyond!

Donate today and donate often!

Todd Elzey, Treasurer
3779 Waterbury Dr.