[OABS] Fwd: [Ohio-Talk] Bell Mentors Needed

Kinshuk Tella kinshuk.tella at gmail.com
Wed May 12 02:45:12 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Eric Duffy via Ohio-Talk <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, May 11, 2021 at 10:00 PM
Subject: [Ohio-Talk] Bell Mentors Needed
To: NFB of Ohio Announcement and Discussion List <ohio-talk at nfbnet.org>
CC: Eric Duffy <peduffy63 at gmail.com>

We want to hear from anyone interested in Mentoring blind students and
their families who are participating in the 2021 virtual Bell Academy.  We
have a need for a limited number of mentors this year, so not everyone who
expresses an interest will be selected.
Mentors must have a strong knowledge of the Braille code and real world
experience with its use. You must also have experience in the use of and in
teaching the alternative techniques of blindness. You must be able to
competently and confidently project and demonstrate good blindness skills
and attitudes about blindness. You must have a strong desire to work
directly with children.  You must be knowledgeable about the programs and
services of the National Federation of the Blind and be prepared to share
this information with blind children and their families.
You must have good access technology skills, and be a Zoom user.

Finally, you must pass a stringent criminal background check. If for any
reason you do not meet any of these criteria please do not contact me. If
however you meet all of these criteria and want to possibly serve as a
mentor for blind children and their families, please contact me by email by
5:00 PM on Friday, May 14, 2021. Do not reply to this message directly. In
other words, contact me off list. Replies to the list will not be
considered.

Please send me an email with Bell Mentor in the subject line. Be sure that
I have your name and email address.

There will be three  Virtual Bell sessions this year. Each session is two
weeks long.
Session1: June 7-18

Session 2: July 19-30

Session 3: August 9-20

Which of these sessions are you available for?

Please respond to this message even if you have been a mentor before. I
need a written confirmation of your interest in serving as a mentor no
matter what your prior involvement in Bell has been.

Thanks.

Eric Duffy, Bell Coordinator National Federation of the Blind of Ohio

Peduffy63 at gmail.com

Ohio-Talk:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/ohio-talk_nfbnet.org/kinshuk.tella%40gmail.com
--