[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] THE ARMOR OF GOD

mmoore11 at kent.edu mmoore11 at kent.edu
Sun Apr 18 17:39:06 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
<committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io> On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2021 11:35 AM
To: Mr. Ed <pinky14 at abe.midco.net>
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] THE ARMOR OF GOD

THE ARMOR OF GOD

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes,
you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to
stand.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23568752.1524/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9RXBoLjYuMTM/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174Bda9a
c6cd> Ephesians 6:13

In the valley stood a ten-foot-tall giant, bellowing out threats against
God's people and mocking their God. "Send one man out to fight me," he
roared. "If I win, you will serve us. If he wins, we will be your slaves."

If the physical presence of Goliath wasn't daunting enough, the stakes for
Israel were. It would be an all-or-nothing fight for the future of the
people. On top of that, he mocked God. The fight would be a showdown between
the giant's pagan gods and the God of Israel.

Courageous David decided to face the monster. King Saul, looking at David's
physical disadvantage, insisted the young man take his armor. But David knew
the spiritual battle was more crucial than the physical battle. Faith in
God, not superior weaponry, would be his salvation. David stepped out in the
name of God, and the giant fell.

Most of us are so focused on our physical circumstances that we fail to see
the basic spiritual challenges before us. We spend our energies trying to
make ends meet. We exhaust ourselves by constant activity. We are so
distracted and frightened by what we see that we miss our chance to slay the
giant. Instead, we find his foot on our neck.

Christian attempts to live victoriously in Christ when in a hostile
environment could become frightening if we did not believe that God provides
for us in every trial. The sovereign God of eternity knew every kind of
attack the enemy would use before time began. And He has provided His
spiritual armor-His Word, prayer and the Holy Spirit-so that we might be
victorious when these attacks come against us. God has equipped you as a
servant of Jesus Christ with these spiritual weapons, the resources you need
to defeat the enemy and gain great victories for His kingdom.

Paul instructed Christian converts to put on the impenetrable armor of
God-coverings God provides-so that we can stand victorious in every
situation we face as we move forward confidently in the work God has called
us to do. He also understood it to be a protective covering for the mind and
spirit, ensuring that injuries to the body will not embitter or destroy the
soul.

RESPONSE: Today I will take advantage of all the spiritual armor God
provides for me to stand strong.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to not try and fight spiritual battles in my own
strength but with the resources You freely provide.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7597)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7597>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20THE%
20ARMOR%20OF%20GOD>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20THE%20AR
MOR%20OF%20GOD>  | Mute This Topic <https://groups.io/mt/82187667/21951>  |
New Topic <https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.