[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] Three Not-So-Secret Ways to Overcome Lonliness

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Thu Apr 22 13:39:14 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of trish via
groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 9:32 AM
To: cwwc
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] Three Not-So-Secret Ways to Overcome Lonliness

Three Not-So-Secret Ways to Overcome Lonliness

How can it happen? Whether we're in a crowd or in the darkness of a silent
room the battle to overcome loneliness begins.

I was stunned. CNN reported yesterday that among thousands of entries, my
hometown, La Paz, Bolivia, where I was born and spent my childhood was named
the No. 1 wonder of the world.

But let me share a native's point of view. In La Paz, being the highest
capital in the world because of its altitude, visitors can become deathly
ill due to the decreased amount of oxygen. On the other hand, on a sunny
day, the vibrant shade of sky blue that canopies over the city is
breathtaking.

La Paz is built inside a sort of moon crater. Houses of all kinds dot the
mountains that surround the city. And at night, a visitor may seem as if he
were inside a gigantic Christmas tree. The lights that splash all the way to
the mountain tops seem to blend with the stars in the sky, creating a unique
splendor.

But how sad. That closeness is a contrast to the distance we feel from God
when loneliness attacks. When we feel abandoned, we can't help but imagine
God to be distant and abstract. We believe the lie that repeats we have no
one. God has forgotten us. And we have no way to overcome loneliness.

Here are three not-so-secret ways to wipe out these lies:

1. In the silence, in the still of the moment God is present because His
Word says that "...neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,
nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth,
nor any other created thing shall be able to separate us from the love of
God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."(Romans 8:38, 39 NIV).

2. If we're in God's company, we have already conquered the army--fear,
anxiety and depression--that equip loneliness: "Be strong and courageous. Do
not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with
you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deut. 31:6 NIV).

3. Embracing God's promise ushers hope that tomorrow new things will come
about. He promised: "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am
making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." (Isaiah 43:18-19
NIV).

Let's Pray: Father, while in the wasteland of loneliness or the desert of
despair I declare that tomorrow you will bring about new ways, new paths and
new open doors. I wait in anticipation for the loneliness that burdens my
days to turn to the peace that comes from you. The reassurance that your
promises carry. And I will be filled with the joy that doesn't flow from
others but from you. I count on the power of your love. In Jesus's name,
amen.

Have you experienced loneliness lately?

What brings about your loneliness?

How will you receive God's comfort to overcome loneliness today?

Janet Eckles

If this message resonated with you, please visit Janet's
<https://sermonillustrator.org/cgi-bin/dada/mail.cgi/r/nugget/552016519520/a
9ccbcd6b1f253ebf2e62ddca82b21ca/> cyberspace home for more inspiration.

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7624)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7624>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Thre
e%20Not-So-Secret%20Ways%20to%20Overcome%20Lonliness>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:trishzoellers at icloud.com?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20Three
%20Not-So-Secret%20Ways%20to%20Overcome%20Lonliness>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/82285100/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.