[Ohio-Communities-of-Faith] FW: [CWWC] PRAYER: TURNING PERIODS INTO COMMAS

Michael Moore mmoore11 at kent.edu
Wed May 12 16:14:04 UTC 2021

From: committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io
[mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io] On Behalf Of Mr. Ed via
groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 11:14 AM
To: Mr. Ed
Subject: EXT: [CWWC] PRAYER: TURNING PERIODS INTO COMMAS

PRAYER: TURNING PERIODS INTO COMMAS

Then some Jews came from Antioch and Iconium and won the crowd over. They
stoned Paul and dragged him outside the city, thinking he was dead. But
after the disciples had gathered around him, he got up and went back into
the city.
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23817539.1138/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9QWN0cy4xNC4xOS1BY3RzLjE0LjIw/5ef562bd1022
2374f46b6174Be4f5b58e> Acts 14:19-20a

Today we hear from Open Doors' author and co-worker, Anneke Companjen. These
are the concluding paragraphs of her first book, Hidden Sorrow, Lasting Joy:

My husband, Johan, likes to speak on
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23817539.1138/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9QWN0cy4xNA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174C996e1
d77> Acts 14 when he challenges Christians around the world to care for the
Suffering Church.

In that chapter we read how the authorities won the crowd over and stoned
Paul. They dragged him out of the city, thinking he was dead.

"Period!" Johan tells his audience. "The devil wanted to put a period here.
Paul was finished as far as the enemy was concerned. But God had other
plans. The story continues, 'But after the disciples had gathered around
him, he got up and went back into the city' (
<https://link.biblegateway.com/click/23817539.1138/aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmlibGVnY
XRld2F5LmNvbS9wYXNzYWdlLz9zZWFyY2g9QWN0cy4xNC4yMA/5ef562bd10222374f46b6174D8
0ebbda8> Acts 14:20). Something happened that turned the devils period into
God's comma. What made the difference? The disciples' prayer."

God loves to change the devils periods into commas, and he's still doing it
today.

It is my heart's desire that he will use you and me to make a difference in
the lives of Christians who are persecuted for their faith around the world.
We can reach out to them, each in our own church and community and in our
own way, through awareness, through action, and most of all, through
prayer.[1]

RESPONSE: Today I will not underestimate the power of prayer for persecuted
brothers and sisters around the world. I will pray asking God to turn the
devil's periods into His commas.

PRAYER: Pray for persecuted Christians today whether they are experiencing
pain or pressure, guilt or relief, sorrow or joy, faith or denial, isolation
or fellowship, prison or freedom, hope or despair, forgiveness or
bitterness.

1. Anneke Companjen, Hidden Sorrow, Lasting Joy (Wheaton: Tyndale House
Publishers, 2001), pp. 216-217.

Provided by Bible Gateway:

_._,_._,_

  _____

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#7789)
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/message/7789>  | Reply To
Group
<mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ at groups.io?subject=Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20PRAY
ER%3A%20TURNING%20PERIODS%20INTO%20COMMAS>  | Reply To Sender
<mailto:pinky14 at abe.midco.net?subject=Private:%20Re:%20%5BCWWC%5D%20PRAYER%3
A%20TURNING%20PERIODS%20INTO%20COMMAS>  | Mute This Topic
<https://groups.io/mt/82774745/21951>  | New Topic
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/post>

  _____

Questions, concerns, suggestions? Contact us
Group owner
Email: committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io

  _____

Your Subscription
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/editsub/21951>  | Contact
Group Owner <mailto:committed-walk-with-Christ+owner at groups.io>  |
Unsubscribe
<https://groups.io/g/committed-walk-with-Christ/leave/9118772/21951/54263907
8/xyzzy>  [mmoore11 at kent.edu]

_._,_._,_

CAUTION: EXTERNAL SENDER Do not click any links, open any attachments, or
REPLY to the message unless you trust the sender and know the content is
safe.