[Social-sciences-list] Introduction: Rose Sloan

Rose Sloan rosesloan920 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 23:33:38 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I'm Rose Sloan and I am just starting my research career. I am currently a
senior at Northwestern University where I study social policy (particularly
interested in education policy) and I am just starting to write my senior
honor's thesis.  The topic is No Child Left Behind and the effects on
students with disabilities.  I will be using a dataset of NCLB scores of
students with exceptionality codes from Florida.  I am learning how to use
the program Stata.

I am a "high-partial" so the combination of ZoomText and Stata is working
well for me.

I am excited to see the discussions that will go on here, and if anyone
else is interested in education policy, I'd love to hear about your
research experiences!

Best,

Rose