[Aabs-forum] the real nature of blindness

Tamika Williams tamwill009 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 15 17:31:43 UTC 2010

Hello Dezman and AABSsters,

Great posting, it is definitely a good question to think about. I think that the problems that blind individuals face is mostly a social problem because of people not understanding blindness or not accepting blindness as normal. Blindness is not the problem, because everyone knows "where there is a will there's a way". If the majority (sighted) was well educated about blindness, there will be more companies such as Apple, who is making their products accessible to all their consumers allowing people to have access right out of the box. If more people had the understanding of blindness then I think a lot of problems wouldn't be problems.

I would love to hear what everyone feels on this topic. It is an interesting question and I would especially love to hear someone think about problems faced by the blind from the physical perspective.

Tamika Williams