[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Fri Mar 5 19:47:07 UTC 2010

Hello Frank, Nella and Aleeha,

Fred, Aqua culture makes your head swim?  That is funny.  My cousin raises
tilapia.  They lost the whole project during the Florida hurricanes when
their power went out.  Do you brew beer for yourself or to sell?  How does
home brewed beer taste different from store bought?  I have a tandem too.  I
do enjoy it too.

Nella,

I love mules, they have the most wonderful personalities and they are a lot
healthier then horses.  I love trail riding too.  I just discovered a place
here where you can go on a one week trail ride.  that would be so cool.
they have a chuck wagon and all the fixins'.

Aleeha, Which do you prefer, English or Western?  That is interesting that
you lease a horse.  How does that work?

I rode English when I was a kid and I have always loved horses.  Our
daughter took lessons when she was growing up.  she still rides.  We missed
out on buying a small farm years ago by just four hours.  We made an offer
on it and someone had already made an offer four hours earlier.  Then all
kinds of events changed and time passed.
I will be 57 years old in a few weeks and I figure I have postponed my love
of horses long enough.  I started riding again about eight months ago.  I am
totally in to Western riding and I would love to barrel race.  Of course I
enjoy trail riding and I am also interested in reining and pleasure
competition.  I have found three other blind barrel racers online.  I use a
two way radio and my husband gives me fine tuned directions.  I have hand
motion vision so I can see the barrel when I am right on top of it.  <GRIN>

We live in south Florida where there are horses every where.  We live in the
suburbs now but we do plan to buy a small ranch as soon as the real estate
market turns around.  Right now we owe a lot more on our house then it is
worth.

Right now I am looking for a new riding instructor.  At first I was glad she
was open minded enough to take on a blind student but I am not progressing
and she is a total worry freak.  She wants me to ride with rubber bands
attached from my boots to the stirrups because after all if my foot slips
out how will I be able to find my stirrup if I can't see it.  You know the
routine.

I found an instructor through the National Barrel Horse Association who
would love to teach me but she lives two hours away.  She is looking through
her directory to find someone closer to me.

I have always been an active person. I met my husband in martial arts
classes 39 years ago.  You could say we fell for each other.  We are both
instructors now.  I love the martial arts and I have practiced eight of them
so far.  I also enjoy target shooting.  My husband is a tactical shooter.
That is like the police shooters who run from target to target and they have
to decide in a split second if the target is friend or of.  I do point
shooting where I get a feel for exactly where the gun is pointed.   After
each shot, Tom tells me if I am high or low and which way to correct.
People are shocked when they find out I can't see but I say it just makes it
more interesting.  I also love playing the guitar and I am a ham radio
operator.
I have two grown children and one granddaughter.  I have a German Shepherd
guide dog from fidelco.  We raised and trained shepherds and I just love the
breed.  I hope to have a kennel again when we have a ranch.

I am so glad I found this list.  It is great to meet all of you.  I have
been a member of the NFB for 30 years now.  I like mentoring kids best.  I
wish I had a blind adult to talk to when I was a kid and I love working with
blind kids.  Especially now that there is such a low expectation in school.
Back when I went to school they were oblivious and I did everything the
other kids did.  Now they are pampering blind kids to the point they can't
do anything.  I love breaking the mold by telling the kids of all my
hobbies.

Where do you all live?

Happy Trails,

JODY