[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sat Mar 13 15:37:15 UTC 2010

Jody:

You sound like such an active person; how do you find time for it all!

Yes, I love my mules, even when they are being difficult.  I have 2 mollies
and 1 John mules.  The girls are 16 and 21 years old.  I've had the 21 year
old the longest and have ridden her for miles.  I completely trust her on
the trail.  The 16 year old can be a little goofy and has quite a big
attitude for such a little girl.  She's technically the size of a large
pony, but very sturdy.  The John mule is 23 to 25 years old and is as sweet
as the day is long.  He's in very good health and can still go for hours,
but is very slow.  I mostly use him for friends and family to ride.  I know
I can put any level of rider on him and they will be safe; he really knows
his job on the trail.

  Do you have any experience with gaited horses?

I'm considering getting one at some point.  I have fibro myalgia and my
joints and muscles frequently ache, especially after riding.  I'm going to
start riding different breeds to see how they feel to my body.

I would appreciate suggestions and information from anyone about gaited
horses.