[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

aleeha dudley blindcowgirl1993 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 13:44:00 UTC 2010

Hi,
  Have you ever shown horses before? The reason I ask this is
because a lot of the shows around my area only have walk-trot
classes for disabled riders.  Also, many people are scared to let
me ride or even do showmanshif in a show.
  I plan to get my dog from GDB and they have said that they will
help me during training so I know what to do when we are around
horses.
Aleeha

I love your
>suggestion of using a clicker to ride in the correct direction.

>I have had my first guide dog for almost five years now.  Believe
me, the
>wait time seems longer then the whole time you have your dog.
<GRIN>  You
>might suggest that your future guide dog be exposed to horses so
they will
>get along.

>My guide dog was exposed to horses and she gets along great with
them.  she
>is very close to herding stock and she is amazing to watch with
horses.
>When she gets eye contact with the horse she lays down on her
belly and when
>the horse looks away she stands up.  Of course the best part of
horses is
>you can eat and roll in their manure.  she is a dog after all.
<GRIN

>I would love to have been a vet but I really don't see well
enough to do
>surgery and other jobs.  I think it would be difficult to be a
horse vet if
>you don't drive because of middle of the night emergencies etc.
I was a vet