[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sat Mar 13 15:19:00 UTC 2010

Aleeha:

Can you please explain how you use the clicker for directions.  I didn't
quite get it before.

I mostly ride on trails so usually follow the horse in front of me.  Most of
the people I ride with are good about letting me know about turns, terrain,
and over hanging branches.  I've ridden with some of them for years now and
sometimes they forget that I'm blind and then don't tell me about things.

The mules are pretty good at staying on the trail and are very good in
difficult rocky areas.  I've ridden them on steep, narrow trails with drop
offs and they really watch where they put their feet.  I've had one longer
than the other two, so have ridden her a lot more and really trust her.  One
of them can be a little goofy, so I don't trust her quite as much.

I would love to hear more about your shows and how you manage everything.