[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sat Mar 13 17:05:54 UTC 2010

I'm just wondering if those of you who ride tend to direct or neck rein when
riding.  I feel more comfortable direct reining since that is what I first
learned when taking English lessons.  I also have a better feel for where
the horses head is and what they are doing.  The mules are better at direct
reining too, so that is what we usually do.

I also find that when riding in a western saddle I feel that I have less
contact with my mount.  I mostly use an old McClellan Calvary saddle; I love
it and it fits all the mules.  I also use and endurance saddle and have one
light weight synthetic western.  The McClellan has less leather and English
stirrups; I can really feel the movement of the animals with it.

I would love to hear others opinions on the subject.