[Ag-eq] Anyone out there?

Peg Brandt hazer100 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 01:25:51 UTC 2010

Hey, Nella and All!  If you were to go into the show ring you need proper tack and proper way to hold your reins plus proper seat.  English classes require the correct English saddle for the class you are entered in.  Hunt seat for hunt classes, low backed aeat for pleasure and dressage, etc... And you direct rein  in English classes!  Western classes also require appropriate saddle. Fancy, embellished, ornate saddle for pleasure and costume classes. Plaineer saddle for games and barrels or you could use a specific barrel racing saddle.  Plus, the Arabian horse people have their own saddles for these classes to fit their horses better that will show off their horses better>  Proper bits (snaffles for young horses that usually have their own classes, any other Western bit though hackamores usually aren't permitted).  Most all Western events are neck reined except for snaffle bit classes and these are usually set up for the very young horse that you are beginning to break or train whichever you like to call it.  I'm old school where it is break though I didn't do it harshly when I first broke my horses!  If you're just puttsing around in the ring, down the trail, down the road or anywgere, ride what works best for you!  Oh, I almost forgot I am not sure on posting in English classes.  I think, but am not sure, point earning classes require posting but the little backyard shows it is an optional thing?  Is this how it goes English riders?  Well, gotta finish rest of my email.  Toodles for now!  Peg, in Iowa