[Ag-eq] Barrel racing

Susan Roe dogwoodfarm at verizon.net
Sun May 9 12:52:36 UTC 2010

Well, he went Saturday morning and picked up his first hive and only got one
sting on the back of his neck.  Didn't faze him in the least.  Frank, the
bee guy, told him that you can tolerate being stung most anywhere but your
ear lobe.  He told Matt that feels like someone took a hammer and smashed
your ear lobe against a brick!  Trust me, he hasn't gone near the hive
without at least wearing the bee net over his hat.

I'm not going to be messing with the bees, only the honey.

I'll let you know how everything goes.  We've been planting flowers for them
all spring and our new orchard is just waiting for them.

Susan
dogwoodfarm at verizon.net