[Ag-eq] OT question

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Fri Jun 25 19:34:06 UTC 2010

Hello Nella,

I suppose the big question is: would you ENJOY business administration?

As long as you are open to change, why not pick something you would enjoy.

I will give you my opinion but it is not conventional.

I think that being blind we have to really think out of the box.  By picking
areas of study that are conventional we are competing with everyone else in
that field and in this economy we are picked last.

I have been really impressed by some enterprising people who have done
unusual things that really made a difference.  The most recent story I read
was about a blind man who had been a car mechanic for 40 years.  Then he
fell in love with the idea of roasting coffee.  He approached several people
to become a certified coffee roaster and one person after another said he
couldn't do that because everything was color coded.  then he met someone
who didn't care that he was blind and found a way around the whole vision
thing.  The guy now has a thriving business called Unseen Bean.  You can
find him at:  http://www.theunseenbean.com/  You can order from him over the
internet.

There are so many certifications and things you can study that are short
term and available now.  I am looking at the International Association of
Canine Professionals to become a certified dog trainer.  There are  also
programs in horse and dog message.  If you are already familiar with human
message you might be interested in massage for dogs and horses, they never
complain either.

Just think backwards as to what you WANT to do and figure out to how to get
there.

JODY