[Ag-eq] Do I fight or just find some other way

barbandzoe at comcast.net barbandzoe at comcast.net
Sat Jul 3 02:49:47 UTC 2010

Hi you guys, I am in my first quoter of the vet tech program up here and it is kind of clear by a  couple of people that they are not happy with me and don't really want to help.

When I first looked into the vet tech program I went to the school and talked to the head of the department and ask what things that they did that could give me a bit of trouble.  I told her  I needed to know so I could see if I can find a way to make it work for me.  the only thing she said was that if I could not do microscope work then I can not be a vet tech and going to school would not be worth it.   OK, I asked her about the high power microscopes and if they would be OK for me to get.  I made it clear that the school would not be hold responsible for the cost.  She just said, if you can't do the microscope work then you can't be a vet tech.

We are still  looking into   the microscope part, that has not caused me any trouble let.

But the two people who are the pain are the head of the department, she also teaches classes, so I will have her as a student.  the other one is a lab teacher that I have for two class this quoter.  If I ask her something she will say things like well you should know that and sorry I can't help you.  I do notice that the students who show the most promise are the ones that get the most attention.  I have seen both of them acted with impatience with a couple of girls that are all so not at the top of the class.  She is the kind of person gets mad at me for doing something and then doesn't say anything to the next one that does it.

If I fight it, I will have them as teachers all the time I am their, and do I want to go thought that.

I just wanted to work with and around animals and these guys are making it so hard.  I just will have to try a nother way to do it.

Barb