[Ag-eq] my chickens

Nella Foster nfoster at extremezone.com
Sun Jul 4 02:54:14 UTC 2010

Susan:

Yesterday it got up to 115!  I was so worried about the chickens, but they
were o.k.

Thursday evening I let the girls out to run around and eat bugs and such.  I
went back out about 8:30 to shut their gate; I could only feel 3 chickens in
the coop, but thought the other was up on the top roost, which I can't
reach.  Friday morning when I went out to feed here comes one of my
chickens.  She was all upset since she was out of the run and the rest were
inside.  I was able to catch her and put her back in.  I've been trying to
handle them a lot so they will be easier to catch, I guess it's paying off!

They are really growing and filling out.  My neighbor said that their
feathers look healthier than when I first got them.  They should start
laying near the end of July, but I suspect they may wait due to the heat.

How is everything going there?

I hope you are having a great 4th of July weekend.