[Ag-eq] Do I fight or just find some other way

Jody W. Ianuzzi jody at thewhitehats.com
Sun Jul 4 03:55:49 UTC 2010

Hi Nella,

I have always been a mavarick and now I am proud of it.  When I was little
people said I could ride a bike, I did it any way.  They said I shouldn't do
judo, now I have a third degree black belt and I have practiced eight
martial arts, people said I should climb mountains, got to the top, they
said I couldn't be a good member of the Civil Air Patrol/air Force Auxiliary
and now 12 years later I hold the rank of Major and I am a mission qualified
radio operator and I have been Squadron and Group Communications Officer.
People said I couldn't be a good mother and now I have two grown children
and a grandchild.

Let's see, I have refinished furniture, built clocks and landscaped three
houses.  I have also been told I shouldn't ride horses or that a blind
person can't barrel race and I have already found three other blind barrel
racers.

I appreciate your comments but this stuff isn't really that great, I am just
having a fun time ignoring people who say I can't do it.

It really makes me  mad when I hear people who have no clue what they are
talking about telling blind kids they can't do things and the blind kids
listen.  I love mentoring blind kids and advising their parents.  That is
where I have gotten involved in the NFB Parents Division.

We only live once, we might as well have fun.  My Facebook picture is me in
my judo uniform wearing my cowboy hat.  That says it all.  <GRIN>

JODY  My Facebook page is: http://www.facebook.com/jodywianuzzi